Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Friday 29 November 2013

Wizards mirror, book and stand

With the wizards mirror I was going to paint it blue but thought it was a little too much as I still have the shelf to finish and that will match the furniture. I still have the books to make that will line the shelf too! 
Using beads and gems I decorated the mirror frame picking out the blue with some of the beads. I then used the same ribbon as the bows on the curtains to create a loop to hang it from.
I have made an over sized spell book and used real spells that I shrunk then printed out for the pages. I  lined the inside of the cover with tissue paper and the outer cover in a leather look material. On the outside I added a silver decoration and gems.
To house the book I have a pillar the same colour as the mirror so I added a bead to the back of the plinth so the book will rest nicely against it. Now it just needs to dry.
















No comments:

Post a Comment