Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Monday 21 April 2014

Nature scene

Sat in the sun on the back door step watching the children play really felt like summer today. 
I decided that while I was sat about I would make some thing. I started on a few things then found a piece of paper. Blue with white flecks in it. To me it just said water on a hot day with the clouds above reflecting within it.
So I cut a little wavy shape out and stuck it to some balsa wood I had cut to 3 1/2 cm squared, stained then coated in pva glue and water.
Next I took a t bag and emptied its leaves into a bowl and mixed in some pva glue and a little water. Covering the wood where I hadn't put the paper I squashed the mix thinly across. Once dry I built up some areas to give a more realistic finish.
Taking several different verities of dried mosses I created the grass and surrounding plants.
I used some tiny shreds of dried grass to wrap around a twig to create the log and I used dried mushrooms that are growing in a patch.
I cut a wheel from a wheel barrow and set it within the moss as though the grass is becoming overgrown and finished it off with scenic water.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment