Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Monday 20 October 2014

Autumnal the leaf fairy

I have serious issues in Autumn.  I can't stop bringing the outside in. Any fallen leaves nut cases etc are never left. What I don't use my little girl does.
With Autumn come so many textures and colours. It sets the mind racing.
With my newly discovered love of polymer clay and a bag of salvaged things the possibilities seemed endless. I rummaged through to keep coming back to 1 leaf. I saw a fairy's skirt in that leaf and it all started to come together from there. Autumnal is or at least will be a leaf fairy. Dressed in leaves I collected, shaped then dried I think she will be beautiful.  
I have varnished the leaves and added glitter. I will add more varnish in the hope it helps stop the leaves from crumbling.  As you can imagine she is extremely delicate. 











No comments:

Post a Comment