Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Monday 6 October 2014

Gumford the fairy collector

I had started work on a dilapidated cave made from red crystal where an ogre named Gumford lives with his collection of fairy's. I am really enjoying this project. As you had already seen I had built the cave ruins and the little pool was almost ready for water and plantation and the tree ready to set in place since then I have added a fairy with blue wings to the pool side. I need to add some more yet. All the water fairy's will have blue wings.
In the tree I have hung a cage with a water fairy swinging inside.
I decided the chair was no good for this project so made a tree stump for Gumford to sit on instead. I'll paint it later.
With Gumford himself I made him a hooded Cape and a caged fairy for his hand. This is a crystal fairy and they will all have red wings. His hair is made from unwound wool and in his left hand sits a crystal fairy.
With much more to do I will be back soon with another update. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment